Prof. Yun Cao is currently an associate professor with the State Key Laboratory of Information Security (SKLOIS), Institute of Information Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences. He is also an associate professor with the School of Cyber Security, University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS). He received the B.S. degree from Tsinghua University in 2006, and the Ph.D. degree from the Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (GUCAS) in 2012.
Prof. Cao's research interests include multimedia security, steganography/steganalysis and digital forensics. In these fields, he has published more than 20 papers, owned and applied more than 10 patents.
1. H. Zhang，Y. Cao，X. F. Zhao. A steganalytic approach to detect motion vector modification using near-perfect estimation for local optimality, IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, 12(2): 465-478, 2017
2. Y. Cao, H. Zhang, X. F. Zhao, H. B. Yu, Covert communication by compressed videos exploiting the uncertainty of motion estimation, IEEE Communication Letters, 19(2): 203-206, 2015
3. Y. Cao, X. F. Zhao, D. G. Feng. Video steganalysis exploiting motion vector reversion-based features, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 19(1): 35-38, 2012
4. H. Zhang, Y. Cao, X. F. Zhao. Motion vector-based video steganography with preserved local optimality, Multimedia Tools and Applications, 2016, 75(21): 13503–13519
5. P. P. Wang, Y. Cao, X. F. Zhao, M. N. Zhu. A steganalytic algorithm to detect DCT-based data hiding methods for H.264/AVC videos. In Proc. 5th ACM Workshop on Information Hiding and Multimedia Security (IH & MMSec 2017), Philadelphia, PA, USA, June 20-22, 2017, pp. 123-133
6. Y. Cao, H. Zhang, X. F. Zhao, H. B. Yu. Video steganography based on optimized motion estimation perturbation, In Proc. 3rd ACM Workshop on Information Hiding and Multimedia Security (IH & MMSec 2015), June 17-19, 2015, Portland, Oregon, USA, pp. 25 – 31
7. H. Zhang, Y. Cao, X. F. Zhao. Video steganography with perturbed macroblock partition. In Proc. 2nd ACM Workshop on Information Hiding and Multimedia Security (IH & MMSec 2014), June 11 - 13, 2014, Salzburg, Austria, pp. 115-122
8. Y. Cao, X. F. Zhao, D. G. Feng, R. N. Sheng. Video steganography with perturbed motion estimation, In Revised Selected Paper of 13th International Workshop on Information Hiding (IH 2011), Prague, Czech, May 18-20, 2011, LNCS 6958, pp. 193-207, Springer, 2011